Top 5 Tools for Simple Easy Protective styles for short hair in Spring 2021
Are you looking to do more protective styles to grow your healthy curls? You can start with these 5 tools for simple protective styles so you don’t feel overwhelmed.
In 2020, I shaved all my hair off for a fresh beginning. And now, I am completely in love with my short afro and protective styles for my tight curls.
We probably don’t know each other and that’s okay! Because I am hoping that I can still help you to grow your natural hair out with and fall in love with your curls again.
So what has changed since I started growing out my healthy 4c hair?
Everything and nothing. One second, let me explain. Do you have a busy schedule? Do you also have short hair? And do you have no patience for weekly or bi-weekly deep conditioning routines? (insert eye rolls)
Me too! (If you said yes)
And that’s why using these tools have changed everything in my protective styles routine for my short hair.
I am able to give my short natural hair the love that it needs without spending too much time on it. It’s a win-win situation.
Here, I have rounded up some of these time saving protective style tools. You are about to unlock a new level of productivity and time management in your daily life.
So keep reading until the very end because it gets better.
Ps; Are you looking for stretchy head wraps for your braids, locs or afro? Check out this list of stretchy print headwraps and solid color headwraps
- Headwraps: These headwraps will help you get ready in 10 - 15 mins for your Zoom call. You don’t even have to worry about what your bed hair looks like. And you can hit the snooze button a couple of extra times while you try to get some more sweet sleep in.
- A Detangler: First time I used this, I was shocked that it worked so well. I was able to run my fingers through my hair so quickly. It’s flexible so it doesn’t break while you are tackling those knots or dry hair. You can get yours from ezdetangler.
- An Afro Puff: Even though your natural hair cannot make a bun yet, you can wear this afro puff with your stretchy headwrap. It is so versatile and can make a high bun, low bun and even a mohawk if you have two buns.
- Cheap and easy to style wigs from Amazon: Under $50 dollars but it still looks so good! It doesn’t smell and the curls are not stiff. Perfect for protective styling because you can do cornrows for a couple of weeks. If you want to support another Black owned business, check out RadSwan wigs.
- Leave-in conditioner that does not flake. If you know, you know. The struggle can be so real. Imagine you just washed your hair and it feels good, then you put on the moisturizer. But it makes your hair white and it is so annoying. Well, this one does not do that for me. No white flakes in my hair. It makes my hair feel soft. I do not really like scents but this one is not bad. I use a little bit; rub it in my palm and add it to my hair.